Are you a charitable organization or a non-profit?!
Looking to fundraise for your organization?
- Bored of the usual bottle drives?
- Bake sale goods beginning to taste stale?
The answer is simple: Comedy for a Cause
Comedy for a Cause is a great way to fundraise for your charitable organization AND have a ton of laughs along the awy!
We know what you're thinking... how does it work?!
Your charitable organization or non-profit gets to run the show! Take over the House of Comedy for a night full of gut-busting laughs, food, and drink! We will give you the tickets to sell to your family, friends, and others with your organization. You'll rake in the dollars while they laugh their socks off!
To arrange your Comedy for a Cause, please contact the box office at 952-858-8558.
Why does Comedy for a Cause work?
People love to laugh, especially when it's at engaging, live entertainment! And since people are rewarded for their donation with comedy, how can you go wrong?!
It's easy for you, too! Worry not about finding volunteers - we do all of the work! The only thing you need to do is sell tickets to the show!
What options can you pick from?
If you REALLY want to bring in the dough...
- Host a silent auction! Find items for donation and our emcee will assist you in auctioning them off!
- Arrange a cocktail party before the show.
- The usual: 50/50 draw!
The team at Rick Bronson's House of Comedy is ready and willing to help you with programming details in order to make your event as unique as it can be!
What's the catch?
Comedy for a Cause is available to charitable organizations and non-profits all week, excluding Fridays and Saturdays. There may be the odd occassion where one will occur on a Friday in the summertime; however, they are not permitted for Special Performances.
For each of the first 25 tickets that are sold, there is a $5 service charge. You are able to sell the tickets at the price of your choosing. Once those 25 tickets have been sold, the House of Comedy receives 50% of the normal ticket price of all subsequent ticket sales. This is so that we are able to cover the staffing and entertainment costs. The only exception to this is Fridays - the 50% rule applies from the very beginning because extertainment expenses are much higher.
On Thursdays, the price of tickets is typically $15, but you may charge more for the tickets if you so desire. For example, if you sell the tickets for $20 each, the profit from the sale can go toward the charitable organization or non-profit.
The same goes for Fridays, aside from the 50% rule. The tickets on Fridays are typically $22.
How can you make your event a success?
- Send out mail invites to the addresses you have on file! We love us some snail mail!
- Email blast! Send out invites via email to everyone registered to your charitable organization or non-profit!
- Design a poster for the event and have them printed off! Some great places to put up posters would be grocery stores, arenas, offices - get creative! Our graphic design team is able to aid in poster design!
- Seek out items for the silent auction! Reach out to businesses that have close ties to your organization for donations. Fun items to auction off include hotel packages, helicopter flights, and restaurant gift certificates! Think about one-of-a-kind events and get creative!
- Have some of your team manage the 50/50 draw.
- Obtain a local, corporate sponsor for the night of the event.
- Reach out to the media and local community leagues! With them being in the loop, you may attract a larger audience to buy tickets, thus raising more money for your cause! The House of Comedy will also send out a press release to major media sources.
- Have pamphlets created that summaraize your charitable organization or non-profit's main goals! This is a great opportunity to educate the audience about your cause as well as let them know where the money from the event is going.
- Signage! Have your logo displayed as the audience enters as well as throughout the venue. This works to brand your organization for those who have not attended one of your events before.
- Word of mouth! The cheapest form of advertisement!
Comedy for a Cause lets you fundraise while having fun! The House of Comedy is dedicated to giving back to the community, from The Children's Miracle Network to minor hockey. Contact us today to book your organization's very own Comedy for a Cause! Contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 952-858-8558.
The House of Comedy puts the FUN in FUNdraising - you better believe it!
These organizations have hosted Comedy for a Cause:
- Edmonton Regional Search and Rescue Association
- Tera Losa Social Club
- Easter Seals
- The Dystonia Foundation
- Martial Arts and Sports Enrichment of Alberta
- Red Cross Tsunami Relief
- FOTHI (Friends of the Head Injury Association)
- The Boys & Girls Club of Edmonton
- The Crohns & Colitis Foundation
- The Heart & Stroke Foundation